I'll admit, I'm new to this whole blogging thing. However, I am so excited that in the last two weeks I have been given two awards by some kick-ass fellow bloggers! I've decided to accept and pass them on in this one post, killing two birds with one stone if you will. Jeez, isn't that such a violent way to say I can do two things at once? Anywho...here goes:
The first award was given to me by Mom of The Perpetually Grounded. Her blog is funny, touching, and most of all, completely honest. I am honored to accept the award for Honest Scrap!
To accept this award you must list 10 honest things about yourself:
1. I love my two boys beyond description and never feel as if I'm "missing out" by not having girls. Besides, no one would guarantee I would have a girl so I stopped trying.
2. I am a lot like my mother...I tend to say things to my kids then think "Mom? Is that you?"
3. I live in New England and I seriously believe that I ended up here by mistake...I'm sure my ancestors are from a tropical place and somehow things went horribly wrong.
4. I wear sweatpants in public...not cute matchy track suits; elastic bottom sweatpants. My favorite pair has a huge hole in the upper inner thigh. Feel free to judge me, but I won't stop doing it!
5. I am deathly afraid of flying, and the fact that people on the "no fly list" are still able to board a plane isn't helping.
6. I've never had a nickname (that anyone has called me to my face anyway).
7. I've been on a diet for the past seven years...My youngest son is almost five and I still say the extra weight is because "I just had a baby".
8. I worry about my children to the point that it makes me physically ill sometimes (you would think that would help with #7, but not so much).
9. I love to watch sports and drink a nice cold beer (this may be why I'm OK with #1).
10. If I had the chance to live my life all over again I wouldn't change a thing!
Now, enough about me. Here are the two fellow bloggers I would like to nominate for this award:
Jen over at The Accidental Housewife. Warning: Don't try to drink your coffee while reading; it may come out your nose!
Dalia at Generation X Mom. She always has great topics and really gets her readers involved!
The next award was given to me by Katie at Desperate For Coffee. Again, this is a great honor because I love her posts. They are fun to read and she's very honest! Thank you for the Sunshine Award!
For this award I must pass it on to 12 bloggers I enjoy. And the nominees are:
Donna @ The Obnoxious S.A.H.M.
Jeff @ Men Are Dumb, and I Should Know
Gina @ The Ish Blog
Mombshell @ The Mombshelter
Nikki @ The Lunatic Cafe
Camryn @ Mean Mommy University
Dumb Mom @ Parenting BY Dummies
Crystal @ We Aren't Perfect
Motherbumper @ Motherbumper
Truthful Mommy @ The TRUTH About Motherhood
Katherine @ This Or The Housework
Natalee @ Raising Normal Kids
Some of you may already have these awards. No strings attached, do with them what you will and just think of this as free advertising for your awesome blogs. Also, feel free to spend the day telling everyone that you won a major award...I give you my permission!